Let’s Go Wild!
Let’s Go Wild!
Get some ‘Wild Time’ with your family with the help of our 'Let's Go Wild' ideas featuring simple ideas for games, crafts and activities to do outdoors - just for fun or to get closer to wildlife.
Get out into your garden or local park to have some fun educational play with these easy to follow activity sheets – they can be done in almost any outdoor space. Most won’t need any complicated equipment – just enthusiasm and sometimes some common household items.
- Camouflage Games – Test your camouflage skills with these fun games
- Cloud Watching – A simple and fun activity that doesn’t need any equipment other than your imagination!
- Colour Catching – You be amazed at the different colours and shades you can find in nature!
- Easter Baskets – A great intro to using natural materials to create something special
- Forest Friends – Get creative outdoors and make your own monster friend!
- Meet a Tree – A fun game to play with family or friends
- Mini Treasures – Challenge your friends to a mini treasure box competition and see who can collect the most natural treasures in miniature
- Musical Nature – Use natural objects you can find around you to make some unique musical instruments of your own
- Natural Weaving – A great activity to explore different textures and colours outdoors and create a work of art from natural materials
- Natures Alphabet – Explore natures alphabet and aim to find as many as you can!
- PoohSticks – A classic game invented by Winnie the Pooh!… no childhood is complete without a game of PoohSticks!!
- Snail Racing – During the wetter months there are fewer minibeasts about but one creature you should be able to find plenty of is snails! Set up a simple race course to have a bit of fun with these fascinating creatures.
- Spring i-Spy – When you have seen all of these signs of spring you can be sure that spring has sprung!
- Stargazing – You don’t need a telescope. On a clear night there is a lot that can be seen with the naked eye.
- Wiggly Wavy – Explore all the wonderful leaf shapes around you by collecting as many different ones as you can